Wednesday, January 24, 2018

S.S.S.

  "I hated poverty, Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depend upon how hard I want to work and I decided that I would change it."     -Dr. Ben Carson

   I don't really agree with this quote, but I also don't disagree, as it is true in a lot of cases. In some cases, when in poverty in the U.S. I do agree that it is more of a choice. In this country a lot of doors are open to anybody. Most homeless people are homeless because of their choice. They are too lazy to work, and whatever money they get by asking others for it, they waste it on stupid things like drugs. But in some places like Africa, or some Latin American countries, the choice isn't really there. In some of those countries you can work really hard and still not get anywhere in life. For example, in some places in Africa, some children don't really get the choice, or opportunity to go to school, and this leads to not getting a good choice, which leads to poverty. And like this, this becomes a chain in the family, and they can't get out of it until some really big opportunity happens and they use it, which I'm guessing is rare. But this is all in my opinion, and I get where he is coming from, so good for him.
Image result for dr ben carson

No comments:

Post a Comment